Friday, April 16, 2010

Mini Civil Disobedience For Fun

Some one at the Chamber networking meeting last night said I should post this little bit of civil disobedience on the blog.  Nothing illegal.  Maybe a little "get even".

First, I am 100% supportive of small business.  The smaller the better.  Been a small businessman for 40 years.  Used to be supportive of almost all business.  BUT, as the larger businesses have grown to massive almost government size, their abuses of the general citizenry have grown too.  It's the "too big to fail" syndrome.  When businesses reach such a huge size, I like them about as much as I do the government.

Second, I've grown very tired of the multiple solicitations the sometimes arrive more than once a week offering you the new great credit card.  If their CC is such a good offer, then I'd have found it and gained it already.

Here's the plan for mini civil disobedience.  When I get one of those CC offers with a postage paid envelope, I always send it back.  First, I write NO on the application signature.  Don't want to mislead them.  Then I rummage thru my trash can for as much other paper as I can stuff into their PP envelope.  I even put a couple pieces of sheet metal in once to add to the weight.  Most I've done was about 4 ounces.  Costs them at least a buck to get that useless piece of garbage.

Although I haven't tried this, according to this guy, he even sent a brick to one of those deserving corporations.  http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/bulkmailer/

Don't you just love it!  Makes me feel warm all over.  Well, have fun.  By the way, we'd love you to visit Indian Hills Inn, Taos Plaza.  From our incredibly conveninet downtown location, you'll easily find all the interesting historic Taos Plaza sights to see and explore.  With our awesome team of front desk associates, it's almost like having your own "tour guides".  We are not the fanciest hotel in Taos but we have a huge group of satisfied Guests returning and referring us to their family and friends.

http://www.newmex.com/indianhillsinn     800-444-2346     Follow us on http://twitter.com/indianhillsinn

No comments:

Post a Comment